Monday, April 20, 2009

Wow, I suck.

I have not posted in forever. My apologies, everyone. A little catch up.....I last posted about five months ago. Since that time, I spent several days in the hospital, uncountable hours in the emergency room, and endless minutes in multiple doctors' offices. Oh yeah, and I finished my Master's degree! Yay for me!

So five months later, I am left with lingering squicky memories of a mean, mean surgeon putting things in and yanking them out of certain areas of my nether regions. I don't care how long you went to school, man, that's totally uncool.

On a more positive note, I am completely relieved to be done with school. It took me four long years to get my M.Ed., and I am so eager to start developing my career. Pretty soon here, it will be time for me to put on my big girl panties and start a new job. I am both excited and scared....unfortunately a nice shiny 4.0 doesn't guarantee that I will be able to be an excellent counselor, but I will sure try!

I have also had an explosion of orders for my cupcake pops! I haven't been advertising or anything but word of mouth seems to be working for me. In the past few weeks I have completed two orders and made plans for four more. This means you will all be treated to my super-awesome photography skills as I post pics of the latest cupcake pops. Or rather, you will see some out-of-focus overly dark pics of my cupcake pops. Photoshop and I don't get along.
I'll start out with some treats I made with a christmas present my husband's aunt gave me. What a perfect gift....a Twinkie pan! Not being a huge fan of yellow cake, I decided to mix it up a little and make carrot cake Twinkies. Mmmm, with homemade cream cheese filling.

Photobucket

The tops of the Twinkies looked so lonely I had to decorate them a little. I realize the swirls look more like the top of a Hostess cupcake, but hey, live a little.

1 comment:

jen said...

Congrats on the degree! I'm starting my masters this fall. And the cakes look yummy....you always were the best baker in the house!!