Thursday, February 28, 2008

My Mom Rocks Harder Than Your Mom...

...well maybe not, but my mom still rocks pretty hard. I recently got married, and my mom gave me and my new husband the most beautiful and thoughtful present. I know she's been collecting fabric for years to make a crazy quilt for me, but I had no idea she was going to produce this quilt, which could easily be considered a work of art.
Photobucket
Look at all those details! This thing is ridiculous...it must have taken forever. Each square has a small embroidered detail, like this:
Photobucket
Or this little gem of a dragonfly:
Photobucket
Or all of these:
Photobucket
Photobucket
Last but not least, she embroidered our wedding date in the middle.
Photobucket
I have no clue where she found the time to do all this, but consider me impressed. If I end up with half the talent she has, I'll consider myself lucky!

No comments: