Monday, March 31, 2008

Sunday Night Dinner

Every Sunday night I try my hardest to make a big dinner. I only partially suceeded yesterday but I wanted to share some of my recipes with you. I'll start with one of the side dishes. Due to my inability to calculate how many carrots it takes to make carrot cake, I have two gigantic bags of carrots in my refrigerator. So Ranch Carrots it is!

Ranch Carrots

1 bag baby carrots or equivalent of regular non-baby carrots
2/3 to 1 stick butter (depending on how big you want your butt to be)
1 package Hidden Valley Ranch Dressing
1 tsp sugar
Photobucket

If you aren't using baby carrots, chop up your carrots into beautiful little orange circles and toss them in a pot.
Photobucket
Add enough water to cover the carrots, bring to a boil. Throw in a pinch or two of salt. Cook until tender.
Photobucket
Drain carrots. Add butter, ranch seasoning, and sugar. Pretty simplistic recipe but also tasty!
Photobucket


Ok now on to the chicken. The hubs truly enjoys grilling anything he can get his hands on, so he often handles the protein for Sunday Dinner. This time I decided chicken would be great, and that I would whip up a tasty little marinade. When I'm making up a recipe I seldom measure things, so you'll have to use your own discretion. Just keep smelling/tasting things till it seems right.

Honey Mustard Grilled Chicken
3-4 chicken breasts

Marinade
at least half a bottle Honey Mustard dressing (I used Ken's)
4 T Creamy Italian dressing
2 T rice vinegar
1 tsp paprika
1 tsp salt
1 tsp pepper
1 tsp lime juice
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp onion powder
Plus whatever else you like!
Reserve about a cup for basting.
Photobucket

Combine the ingredients for the marinade, then let the chicken soak it all up for at least an hour.
Photobucket
Now grill that chicken up and enjoy. I loved this chicken, and I'm not a huge grilled chicken fan!
Photobucket

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

The chicken looks so yummy...i will have to try it sometime!

Thanks for the recipe!

Erin said...

It's about time you updated this thing! I've been checking everyday! The chicken looks delish!

The Pink Cupcake said...

I know, I've been pretty bad. But I'll get back to normal posting, I promise!

Sharon said...

Ooh, ranch carrots? I'll need to try that!