Monday, March 3, 2008

Cooking an Egg in a Time Warp

The other day I opened up my trusty cookbook to figure out something for dinner. I've had this cookbook for almost 10 years now, it was passed down to me from my grandma.
Photobucket
While flipping through, I stopped at the eggs & cheese section and found this little blurb.

Basic Eggs

The man you marry will know the way he likes his eggs. And chances are he'll be fussy about them. So it behooves a good wife to know how to make an egg behave in six basic ways. And here they are, with helpful hints.

Ummm.....seriously? If your significant other cannot keep himself from raging angrily over a damn plate of eggs, maybe it would behoove you to reconsider the whole marriage thing.
Now in defense of my awesome little cookbook, please forgive it, it was printed in 1969. It just doesn't know any better.

2 comments:

Linoleum said...

I love old cookbooks :) If your spouse will definitely have a specific egg style to demand & throw fits over...why must the wifey master all 6? Also... I can't read the word "behooves" or "absurd" without being thrown right back to 4th grade--those were my teacher's favorite words....but I digress (or possibly regressed...)

The Pink Cupcake said...

That's true...maybe the hubs likes a different egg style every day of the week. Perhaps to match the name sewn into his underwear.